A number of tax credits and incentives are available to businesses in Ontario to help lower costs, hire/train workers, compete in the marketplace and support various sectors.
Below you'll find a list of tax credits and incentives available to businesses and learn more about how to receive them.
Refundable tax credits are available to employers who hire and train apprentices in certain skilled trades and eligible university or college students enrolled in a recognized post-secondary co‑operative education program.
The Ontario Government offers a suite of cultural media tax credits, which play a critical role in advancing Ontario as one of the largest entertainment and creative centres in North America. The Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC) assesses and certifies company and product eligibility for the cultural media tax credits.
- Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
- Ontario Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
- Frequently Asked Questions about Ontario Cultural Media Tax Credits
Research and Innovation
- Ontario Business Research Institute Tax Credit
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit