A number of tax credits are available to businesses in Ontario to help lower costs, hire/train workers, compete in the marketplace and support various sectors.
Below you'll find a full list of the credits available to businesses and learn more about how to receive them.
Refundable tax credits are available to employers who hire and train apprentices in certain skilled trades and eligible university or college students enrolled in a recognized post-secondary education program.
Film Television and Media Tax Credits
The Ontario Government invests more than $120 million per year in targeted media tax credits, which have played a critical role in advancing Ontario as one of the largest entertainment and creative centres in North America.
- Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
- Ontario Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
- Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
- Frequently Asked Questions About Ontario Refundable Media Tax Credits
Tax Credits and Incentives for Innovation and Scientific Research
- Ontario Business Research Institute Tax Credit
- Ontario Innovation Tax Credit
- Ontario Research and Development Tax Credit
- Ontario Tax Exemption for Commercialization