ONT-TAXS online is Changing
The Ministry of Finance is upgrading its ONT-TAXS online application on April 28, 2014.
How does this impact you?
- Clients will experience a short interruption to the application while the ministry implements the upgrade. ONT-TAXS online will be unavailable from noon on Thursday, April 24 to midnight on Saturday, April 26, 2014. Please note that during this time, you will not be able to access your account via the online system to complete any transactions, including filing returns or making payments.
- The ONT-TAXS online upgrade will change the appearance of ONT-TAXS online but the functionality remains the same. Most activities will be completed through navigation tabs rather than links and buttons. More information will be available on this web page on April 28, 2014.
- You will continue to enjoy the ease and convenience of online access for a range of activities including filing tax returns, making tax payments and updating account information.
- You will continue to use your existing ONe-key ID and Password to access ONT-TAXS online.
- ONT-TAXS online supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher. We recommend that you update your Internet browser for better performance, where required.
- To implement the changes, ONT-TAXS online will be unavailable from noon on Thursday, April 24 to midnight on Saturday, April 26. During this time period, you will not be able to access your account via the online system to complete any transactions, including filing returns or making payments.
ONT-TAXS online is Ontario's secure, convenient and free online tax service for businesses and their representatives. It saves time and money, reduces paper and is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What can I do using ONT-TAXS online?
With ONT-TAXS online, businesses can enjoy the ease and convenience of online access to their accounts with the ministry to:
- File tax returns
- Make tax payments
- View up to four years of account history
- Update account information
- Request a refund for overpayment of tax
- View PDF copies of most correspondence issued to your business from the ministry
- Communicate securely with the ministry using the Messages feature in ONT-TAXS online. The Messages feature also allows you to attach Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and plain text (TXT) files.
- Provide access to employees or representatives (e.g., an accountant or bookkeeper) to use ONT-TAXS online on their behalf
- Representatives can also give their employees the same authorization they have been provided by their tax clients to access client accounts in ONT-TAXS online
The following programs offer some of the online services:
- Debt Retirement Charge, and
- Gross Revenue Charge accounts
For more information about services available contact the ministry at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297).
Safe and secure
ONT-TAXS online uses the Government of Ontario's secure online registration service, ONe-key, to protect tax client information. ONe-key verifies your identity, authorizes your access and allows you to securely do business with the government online.
The first time you use ONT-TAXS online you will need to create a ONe-key ID and password and sign up for ONT-TAXS online through the ONe-key service. This is a one-time process. In future, the only security information you will need to access ONT-TAXS online is your ONe-key ID and password.