- What is ONT-TAXS online?
- How do I sign up for ONT-TAXS online?
- What can I do using ONT-TAXS online?
- Who can use ONT-TAXS online?
- Why should I use ONT-TAXS online?
- Is there a cost to use ONT-TAXS online?
- Do I have to use ONT-TAXS online to file my returns or make payments?
- Is ONT-TAXS online compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act?
- Is ONT-TAXS online bilingual?
ONT-TAXS online is Ontario's secure, convenient and free online tax service for businesses and their representatives. It is available in both English and French. ONT-TAXS online provides fast and easy access to your business tax accounts where and when it's convenient.
Are you a business?
Complete our online form or call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297). When you receive your enrolment information in the mail your business is ready to start using ONT-TAXS online.
Are you a representative?
Call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297) to sign up as a representative for ONT-TAXS online. When you receive your enrolment information in the mail you are ready to set up your access to ONT-TAXS online. Then, ask your clients to go to ONT-TAXS online and add you as their representative.
Using ONT-TAXS online, businesses can enjoy the ease and convenience of online access to their accounts with the ministry to:
- File tax returns
- Make tax payments
- View up to four years of account history
- Update account information
- Request a refund for overpayment of tax
- View PDF copies of most correspondence issued to your business from the ministry
- Communicate securely with the ministry using the Messages feature. The Message feature also allows you to attach Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat (PDF) and plain text (TXT) files.
- Provide access to employees or representatives, such as an accountant or bookkeeper, to use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business
- Representatives can also give their employees the same authorization they have been provided by their tax clients to access client accounts in ONT-TAXS online
The following programs offer some of the online services:
- Debt Retirement Charge, and
- Gross Revenue Charge accounts.
For more information about services available contact the ministry at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297).
Any business that has an account with the ministry can use ONT-TAXS online. Businesses also have the flexibility of providing access to their employees or representatives, such as external accountants or bookkeepers, to use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of their business.
Representatives (accountants, bookkeepers, payroll professionals, etc.):
As a representative, you can make it easier to manage your clients' accounts with the ministry using ONT-TAXS online. You also have the option of providing your employees with the same access that your clients assigned to you.
- Free – there's no cost to use ONT-TAXS online.
- Convenient – you can access ONT-TAXS online where and when it's convenient for you – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Simple – once you've completed the one-time registration for ONe-key and enrolment for ONT-TAXS online, you simply login to ONT-TAXS online using the ONe-key ID and password you created.
- Secure – ONT-TAXS online uses the Ontario government's secure online registration service, ONe-key, to protect your tax information and provide you with a secure online experience. ONe-key verifies your identity and allows you to securely do business with the government online.
- Environmentally friendly – less paper. You can choose to stop receiving paper returns and file your taxes online.
No. There is no cost to use ONT-TAXS online.
No. Although we encourage businesses to use the new online service, it is not mandatory. The current methods of filing returns or paying Ontario business taxes will continue.
Yes. ONT-TAXS online is compliant with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act (ODA) and other government standards.
Yes. ONT-TAXS online is available in English and French.