- What is an ONT-TAXS online Administrator?
- How do I appoint an ONT-TAXS online Administrator?
- What can the ONT-TAXS online Administrator do online?
- Can I have more than one ONT-TAXS online Administrator?
- How do I change my ONT-TAXS online Administrator's contact information?
- I have already signed up for ONT-TAXS online. Should I complete the 'Get Started' online form to appoint an ONT-TAXS online Administrator?
- I am a representative. How do I sign up for ONT-TAXS online?
- How do I provide access to employees or representatives?
An ONT-TAXS online Administrator is the individual in your business responsible for managing ONT-TAXS online. The Administrator can be a signing officer, director, partner or sole proprietor of your organization or you can appoint an individual to be your Administrator and be responsible for ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business. The Administrator's information must be authorized by a signing officer, director, partner, or sole proprietor of the business.
To appoint your ONT-TAXS online Administrator select Get Started and complete our online form or call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297). We will mail the two pieces of enrolment information your business needs to start using ONT-TAXS online.
You will need your Business Number to use the online form. If you do not have a Business Number, contact the ministry.
In addition to filing your returns, making payments, viewing and updating your Ontario Business tax information in ONT-TAXS online, your Administrator will also have online access to:
- Set up Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) agreements using Canadian bank accounts (to make your tax payments)
- Provide access to employees or representatives (such as an accountant or bookkeeper) to use ONT-TAXS online on behalf of your business
- View PDF copies of most correspondence issued to your business from the ministry
- Communicate securely with the ministry in a secure environment
No. A business entity can have only one ONT-TAXS online Administrator.
Please call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297) to make changes to your ONT-TAXS online Administrator's information. The online form can only be used the first time you appoint an Administrator.
I've already signed up for ONT-TAXS online. Should I complete the Get Started online form to appoint an ONT-TAXS online Administrator?
No. If you have already signed up for ONT-TAXS online you have automatically been appointed as the ONT-TAXS online Administrator for your business. If you would like to appoint someone else to be your Administrator please call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297).
To sign up as a representative for ONT-TAXS online, please call us at 1 866 ONT-TAXS (1 866 668-8297).
You can provide online access to a representative or an employee by using the Manage Logons feature in ONT-TAXS online. To provide access, select the My Profile link in ONT-TAXS online and choose the Manage Logons button. Then, follow the online instructions to add an employee or a representative in ONT-TAXS online.
NOTE: You will need to obtain your representative's Web Access Code to add him/her as your representative in ONT-TAXS online.