Current Tobacco Tax Rates
The Tobacco Tax rates last changed February 1, 2006.
- 12.35¢ per cigarette/cigarette stick
- $2.47 per pack of 20 cigarettes
- $3.09 per pack of 25 cigarettes
- $24.70 per carton of 200 cigarettes
- 12.35¢ per gram or part gram of cut tobacco
- Tax on cigars is 56.6% of the taxable price*
* Taxable price of a cigar defined:
- taxable price = the price for which the cigar was purchased by its retail dealer + a prescribed percentage (currently 22%) of that amount; or
- taxable price = the price paid for the cigar by the consumer where a consumer purchases the cigar directly from the manufacturer or importer of the cigar.