Tax Credits and BenefitsTax filing deadline is April 30

Tax Credit Calculator: Are You Getting Money Back?

You and your family could get money back by claiming a number of Ontario tax credits and benefits. Below you'll find out more about some of these credits. Or see the full list of credits and benefits available here.

For Household Expenses

Ontario Trillium Benefit

Helps people in the north pay for energy costs, and provides relief for sales tax on energy and property tax.

For Seniors

Ontario Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant

64 or older on December 31,2014 and own your home? You could get up to $500 to help with property taxes.

Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit

65 or older? Live with a senior relative? You could get up to $1,500 to help with the cost of making your home accessible.

For Parents

Ontario Children’s Activity Tax Credit

If you have children, you could get up to $54.10 per child for activities like painting, hockey and music lessons in 2014.

Ontario Child Benefit

Helps low-income families with up to $1,336 for each child under 18 for the
2015-16 benefit year.

More Tax Credits Available

For Individuals

The full list of tax credits and benefits that can help you and your family lower the tax you pay or get money back.

For Businesses

Tax credits that can help your business lower costs, hire/train workers and compete in the marketplace.

Income Tax 101

Am I eligible?

File your tax return to find out. Even if you receive social assistance or didn’t earn income, filing a tax return could help you get money back.

How much will I get?

It depends on the tax credit or benefit you claim and your specific situation – how much money you make, how old you are
and other factors.

Where can I get a tax return?

It's easy to file a tax return with tax software purchased online or from a store. If you earned less than $25,000 last year, there are many free Canada Revenue Agency-approved tax software programs you can use.

You can get tax return forms at Service Canada offices by calling
1-800-959-8281 or you can download them from the Canada Revenue Agency website.

To submit your forms online you need your social insurance number and date of birth.

Need help filing a tax return?

Visit the Canada Revenue Agency website to find out how to complete and send in your tax return.

If you have a modest income, a simple tax situation and are not able to complete your tax return by yourself, you may be eligible to have your tax return completed by volunteers who work for the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.

Did you forget to apply for tax credits and benefits in past years?

It may not be too late! Contact the Canada Revenue Agency at

Page: 2517  |